Agape Empowerment Counseling Services provides either face-to-face or online Counseling via email, online chat, telephone, or video conference over a secure platform. Many people are finding that engaging in online counseling is easier, more convenient, and more cost effective. If the idea of connecting with your counselor from home or work attractive then online counseling is for you.
Online Counseling is not appropriate if:
- You are in an abusive or violent relationship
- You have been seriously and deeply depressed
- You are having thoughts of harming yourself (i.e. suicidal thoughts) or someone else (i.e. violent thoughts towards others), or psychotic symptoms.
- You are a minor (under 18 years old)
Online counseling is not covered by insurance in the state of Indiana but is an alternative to traditional counseling and therapy. You may be able to use Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) funds for online counseling services. Online counseling may be tax deductible and it is recommended that you consult with a certified accountant for verification.
Some of the benefits are:
- Convenient for Caregivers caring for a love one
- No traffic commute or rushing to get to appointments
- Being in the comfort of your home or office
- No having to take time off from work
- It can be less intimidating to share information online than face-to-face
The methods of online therapy are:
Email/instant messaging: If you are uncomfortable talking and find it easier to express yourself in writing then email/messaging will be appropriate.
You can organize and prepare your thoughts, feelings and describe your situation online.
Telephone: If you are uncomfortable with writing or typing and find it easier to express yourself verbally then the telephone method will be appropriate.
It can be used alone or in conjunction with online appointments, email or face-to-face sessions
Video conference: If you are more comfortable with having a visual image of the person you are talking with then video conference will be appropriate. There is no software to download. You just need to have access to a computer with a webcam.
Contact me for a FREE consultation!
REGISTAR NOW by clicking below